Community Development Vocational Course and Work Placement
Capacity Ireland is offering a Community Development vocational course with Erasmus+ funded work placements in Seville in the Community Development sector. This is for a September 2018 start.
Community development practitioners build relationships with key people and organisations within their community in order to identify common concerns, create opportunities to learn new skills and help to foster social inclusion and equality.
The qualification will help you to develop the skills and knowledge you need to work effectively in your role and are thus suitable for anyone working, or looking to work, in community development in a voluntary or paid role.
For further vocational course information please see http://www.capacityireland.ie/training-1/
Flights to Seville will be on Saturday 15th September preceded by 3 days of preparatory training in Dublin from Wednesday 12th to Friday 14th September 2018.
Erasmus+ is the European Union programme for education, training, youth and sport for the years 2014 to 2020. Capacity Ireland has successfully applied for funding for our Creative Industries Mobility Project under Key Action 1 the Vocational Education and Training strand of the Erasmus+ programme, which provides funding for Irish training organisations to send learners and staff on work experience placements in other EU countries.
The Erasmus+ funding covers the cost of return flights, travel insurance and accommodation and bills during the time in Spain, with students also receiving €120/week for living costs.
Work placements are available with the host employers listed below and our local partner - Third Sector International (3Si) - organises the logistical arrangements and also provides practical and personal support for students during their time in Spain.
In order to support you during your work placement Capacity Ireland will provide you with the following:
- €120 per week subsistence allowance
- Shared accommodation (own bedroom, shared living spaces such as kitchen, bathroom)
- Language tuition
- Flights to and from your destination (including airport transfers in your host city)
- Travel medical insurance for the duration of your stay
- Ongoing support and local pastoral care for the duration of your stay
Available Roles / Job Descriptions:
A range of positions are available in Seville. To view job descriptions of each role click on the company name. Alternatively, you may download all job descriptions.
Spanish Not Required
Third Sector International - Bid Writer
Third Sector International - Business Development & Marketing
Ecologistas - Agro-Ecology
EBD - The effect of landscape, soil quality and biotic interactions on the structure of plant communities.
EBD - Influence Of Fungal Pathogens And Herbivore Insects In The Coexistence Patterns Of Communities Of Mediterranean Woody Plants
EBD - Local Diversification Of Ecological Communities
EBD - Phenotypic Plasticity Of The Spadefoot Toad Pelobates Cultripes
Intermediate to Advanced Spanish Required
Ecoeduca - Teaching Assistant
Atalaya TNT - Communication Assistant
Green Bell - Environmental Consultancy
ZEMOS98 - Project Assistant including Communications
Click here to download all job descriptions for Seville
How to Apply
The initial deadline for applications is 2nd July 2018. Positions are filled on a rolling basis; you're advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Before applying please ensure you have read the following key requirements:
- To be eligible applicants must be currently residing within the Republic of Ireland, have an Irish postal address and bank account, and must have the right to live and work in Ireland and the destination country.
- Students are not eligible thus we regret we are unable to accept applications from individuals looking for ‘year in industry’ placements.
- Placements are for fixed periods of 92 days (13 weeks) and it is a requirement that you spend the full period in your destination country. The start date (flight out to Host Country) will be on or around Saturday 15th September 2018. End date (return flight to Republic of Ireland) 92 days from the date of departure.
- There will be three days of preparatory training (Wednesday 12th to Friday 14th September) in Dublin immediately before departure. Attendance at the preparatory training is compulsory.
- Applications are only being accepted for September 2018.
To apply please complete the following steps:
(1) Review the vocational course information. Be sure this course is right for you.
(2) View the job descriptions by clicking the links above.
(3) Decide which positions are of interest to you and complete the application form.
(4) Send the completed application form along with your current CV (and your portfolio if applying to a graphic design position) to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note, in order for your application to be considered we must receive both your CV and fully completed application form (and portfolio if applying to a graphic design role). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
When submitting your application please consider the following:
- Give your CV and application form appropriate file names, for example: 'Jane Doe CV' and 'Jane Doe Application Form' respectively.
- Avoid the use of generic file names such as ‘My CV’ or ‘application form’. Doing so makes it much easier for us to deal with and respond to your application.
- Take care to fill out the application form with details relevant to the particular placements you are interested in.
- Placements are filled on a rolling basis thus you are advised to submit your application as early as possible.
If you've any questions about the Creative Industries roles and/or course please contact email@example.com (please do not send applications to this address; applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org).