*The initial deadline for applications to the January 2018 programme is Friday 15th December, however applicants are advised to submit as early as possible*
Capacity Ireland is offering Erasmus+ funded work placements in Seville in the Creative Industries and Community Development sectors. This is for an early January 2018 start. Flights to Seville will be on Saturday 13th January preceded by 2 days of preparatory training in Dublin on Thursday 11th and Friday 12th January.
Erasmus+ is the European Union programme for education, training, youth and sport for the years 2014 to 2020. Capacity Ireland has successfully applied for funding for our Community-Based Ecology and Conservation project (CBEC) under Key Action 1 the Vocational Education and Training strand of the Erasmus+ programme, which provides funding for Irish training organisations to send learners and staff on work experience placements in other EU countries.
Our 'Community-Based Ecology and Conservation' Erasmus+ project provides 3-month paid work placements in Sevilla, Spain, which are available to learners undertaking the Level 3 Award in Community Development qualification. The Erasmus+ funding covers the cost of return flights, travel insurance and accommodation and bills during the time in Spain, with students also receiving €100/week for living costs.
Work placements are available with the host employers employers listed at the link below and our local partner - Third Sector International (3Si) - organises the logistical arrangements and also provides practical and personal support for students during their time in Spain. If you would like to apply for a funded work experience placement at any of these organisations, please download click the button below fo the sector you're interested in to view the the job descriptions and application form.
How to Apply
For full details on each sector, the job descriptions available and the application form please click the button above of the sector that interests you.
Positions are filled on a rolling basis. You're advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Before applying please ensure you have read the following key requirements:
- To be eligible applicants must be currently residing within the Republic of Ireland, have an Irish postal address and bank account, and must have the right to live and work in Ireland and the destination country.
- Students are not eligible thus we regret we are unable to accept applications from individuals looking for ‘year in industry’ placements.
- Placements are for fixed periods of 92 days (13 weeks) and it is a requirement that you spend the full period in your destination country. The start date (flight out to Host Country) will be on or around Saturday 13th January 2018. End date (return flight to Republic of Ireland) 92 days from the date of departure.
- There will be two days of preparatory training (Thursday 11th and Friday 12th January) in Dublin immediately before departure. Attendance at the preparatory training is compulsory.
- Applications are only being accepted for January 2018.
Please submit an up to date CV along with a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting your application please consider the following:
- Give your CV and application form appropriate file names, for example: 'Jane Doe CV' and 'Jane Doe Application Form' respectively.
- Avoid the use of generic file names such as ‘My CV’ or ‘application form’. Doing so makes it much easier for us to deal with and respond to your application.
- Take care to fill out the application form with details relevant to the particular placements you are interested in.
- Placements are filled on a rolling basis thus you are advised to submit your application as early as possible.