Creative Industries Vocational Course and Work Placement
Capacity Ireland is offering a Creative Industries vocational course with Erasmus+ funded work placements in Seville in the. This is for an April 2018 start.
This level 3 Certificate in Entrepreneurship for European Creative Industries qualification is designed for those who are considering a professional career in the creative industries sector, from graphic designers, TV productions assistants, craft design to fashion. You will be interested in working in a company operating in the sector or considering building your own business, and are interested in learning how to best manage yourself in your day-to-day work.
For further vocational course information please see http://www.capacityireland.ie/creative-industries-course.
Flights to Seville will be on Saturday 21st April preceded by 3 days of preparatory training in Dublin from Wednesday 18th to Friday 20th April 2018.
Erasmus+ is the European Union programme for education, training, youth and sport for the years 2014 to 2020. Capacity Ireland has successfully applied for funding for our Creative Industries Mobility Project under Key Action 1 the Vocational Education and Training strand of the Erasmus+ programme, which provides funding for Irish training organisations to send learners and staff on work experience placements in other EU countries.
The Erasmus+ funding covers the cost of return flights, travel insurance and accommodation and bills during the time in Spain, with students also receiving €120/week for living costs.
Work placements are available with the host employers employers listed at the link below and our local partner - Third Sector International (3Si) - organises the logistical arrangements and also provides practical and personal support for students during their time in Spain. If you would like to apply for a funded work experience placement at any of these organisations, please download click the button below fo the sector you're interested in to view the the job descriptions and application form.
A range of different positions are available, including: Graphic Design, Fashion Design, Pottery, TV Production, Art Restoration and more.
In order to support you during your work placement Capacity Ireland will provide you with the following:
- €120 per week subsistence allowance
- Shared accommodation (own bedroom, shared living spaces such as kitchen, bathroom)
- Language tuition
- Flights to and from your destination (including airport transfers in your host city)
- Travel medical insurance for the duration of your stay
- Ongoing support and local pastoral care for the duration of your stay
Available Roles / Job Descriptions:
A range of positions are available in Seville. To view job descriptions of each role click on the company name. Alternatively, you may download all job descriptions.
Architecture: Hombre de Piedra | Studio Wet
Art Gallery Assistant: Alarcon Criado
Art Restoration: Maite Bejar
Audiovisual: La Claqueta
Ceramics Workshop Assistant: Barro Azul
Graphic Design Assistant: Lab Sevilla | Todomuta (3D Design)
Glass Workshop Assistant: Estudio Ciento2
Horticultural Design Assistant: Taller 1+7
Studio Assistant (Ceramics & Jewellery): Ceraselle
Click here to download all job descriptions for Seville
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is 19th March 2018. Positions are filled on a rolling basis; you're advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Before applying please ensure you have read the following key requirements:
- To be eligible applicants must be currently residing within the Republic of Ireland, have an Irish postal address and bank account, and must have the right to live and work in Ireland and the destination country.
- Students are not eligible thus we regret we are unable to accept applications from individuals looking for ‘year in industry’ placements.
- Placements are for fixed periods of 92 days (13 weeks) and it is a requirement that you spend the full period in your destination country. The start date (flight out to Host Country) will be on or around Saturday 21st April 2018. End date (return flight to Republic of Ireland) 92 days from the date of departure.
- There will be three days of preparatory training (Wednesday 18th to Friday 20th April) in Dublin immediately before departure. Attendance at the preparatory training is compulsory.
- Applications are only being accepted for April 2018.
To apply please complete the following steps:
(1) Review the vocational course information. Be sure this course is right for you.
(2) View the job descriptions by clicking the links above.
(3) Decide which positions are of interest to you and complete the application form (available here)
(4) Send the completed application form along with your current CV (and your portfolio if applying to a graphic design position) to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note, in order for your application to be considered we must receive both your CV and fully completed application form (and portfolio if applying to a graphic design role). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
When submitting your application please consider the following:
- Give your CV and application form appropriate file names, for example: 'Jane Doe CV' and 'Jane Doe Application Form' respectively.
- Avoid the use of generic file names such as ‘My CV’ or ‘application form’. Doing so makes it much easier for us to deal with and respond to your application.
- Take care to fill out the application form with details relevant to the particular placements you are interested in.
- Placements are filled on a rolling basis thus you are advised to submit your application as early as possible.
If you've any questions about the Creative Industries roles and/or course please contact email@example.com (please do not send applications to this address; applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org).